Tuesday, May 3, 2011

3 in 1

Hey Yall,
Caitlin here- If you haven't been aware, I have been on vacation, so I haven't been blogging. That means you are about to get three blogs in one post, so grab your veggie sticks, get comfy, and get reading:

1) I am worth fighting for:  How many of you watch the biggest loser? I am a bit behind the times because I was on vacation, so I am just now getting a chance to watch it. Now you may or may not know, but I am not a huge fan of Jillian. I hate how she is always in everyones face and swearing at them, and how she makes everything about having a breakthrough. Some people just don't need a break through. Okay, rant done :). That being said, she actually had a moment that I needed to hear. Irene, one of the contestants was 2 lbs shy of losing 100 lbs while on the ranch. Jillian was talking with Irene and trying to motivate her, and Irene was talking about how she wishes she had self confidence. Jillian then told Irene, "You are never going to unless you tell yourself you are worth fighting for" That was a great reminder to me. I mean, I am not struggling with self worth at all right now. Honestly I am probably the most confident I have ever been with myself. I am happy with who I am. That being said, it is still nice to remind yourself that you are worth the effort to get healthy. So to all my followers, please please please remember that you are worth fighting for. You are worth the effort to get healthy. Yes it may seem easier to sit on the couch, or waste time on facebook, but you are worth getting off of your butt and getting a workout in. You are worth picking celery and hummus over a bag of chips. YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT!

2) I'm Back!!!: Okay, so as most of you know, I have really been struggling for a long time since moving to DC with getting the weight off. It is a few different things that have led to this struggle. It is partially my inconsistent workouts, partially my on and off again good eating habits, and partially because I have been plateauing. It seems even when I am on point and really trying I still don't seem to get anywhere. That led me to kind of stop trying. However, before I went on vacation I just got a second wind and really hit the workouts hard. I have been pushing myself and really trying. My eating has been on point. I am still in a plateau, but I really think I can get out of it this time. I made a promise to myself before I went on vacation that I would not give up my good eating habits or work out routine. I reminded myself that just because I am on vacation does not mean I am entitled to eat whatever I want. I am still responsible to myself and the scale for what I eat. I did tell myself I could make some unhealthy options, but not as many as I usually would make. I definitely stuck to that goal. For example, our first day there we ate at the cafe at our hotel. All I wanted was a nice juicy burger. Instead, I had a salad. While at the disney park we ate at a restaurant. I knew I did not want a salad because I had already had two or three at that point throughout the trip. However none of the options were overly healthy. Thus, I settled on ordering two meals- a salad, and chicken parmesan. I then split both of them with one of the clients. This allowed me to eat what I want, but not eat an entire unhealthy meal. I think that was a good compromise. I also worked out in the gym, did a lot of walking at the park, and went dancing. That being said, I did gain a pound, but consider the old me would have had multiple burgers and pizza instead of salad or grilled chicken, I consider it a big win.

3) A good day: Last one, I promise! Before vacation Ashley and I were talking and realized we both had really good days, and we wanted to brag about it. We promised we would blog our triumphs and failure. We have had plenty of failures recently and are excited to post a triumph. Lets start with Ashley. Ashley decided she was hungry and decided that she wanted subway. Subway is a few miles away. Instead of driving, she decided to walk. Ashley ended up walking a total of 5 miles. Thus she had a healthy meal and some good exercise. YAY ASHLEY!!!  I also happened to have a good day. I was on point with my eating, which is always good. I also got some good exercise. I went for a night time run/walk. Now I always do more running than walking, however I have really been pushing myself to run farther than I usually do. I was able to run the farthest I have ever run before (or at least that I was able to document) I was able to run almost half a mile. Now, I know for many this does not seem like much, but if you know me at all and my hate for running, that is a big accomplishment. So Ashley and I are both excited at our progress!!!

How are the rest of you doing? Any victories, and struggles? Let me know, I want to hear from you!!!

Caitlin

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it! Glad that you had such great success while on vaca. And yes you are worth it. Can't wait to see the makeovers tonight on BL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I mean I wasn't as good as I wanted to be on vaca, but I certainly wasn't as bad as the old me would have been, so for that I am happy. I wish I could see the BL makeovers, but im not working. I will get to see them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I heard this song on the radio and it reminded me of your blog... :)
    Weird, I know... but hey... maybe it will be a good work-out song??

    http://soundcloud.com/seventeenmag/selena-gomez-who-says/s-V56JV

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I am back on here and rededicating myself to myself. I'm glad you had a great time on vacation and also happy that you made better choices than you would have before.

    Here is my blog too. I need all the help I can get this time.
    http://myjourneytolose100pounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete